120 East First Street
Oswego, New York 13126
High School Parents:
Under Federal Government guidelines, educators and parents need to agree to work together to help all of our students meet with academic success. Listed below are strategies that the school, parents and students need to agree on so that every effort is made to ensure student academic success.
The school agrees:
- To provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates individual child’s achievement.
- Parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom activities.
The parent agrees:
- To support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- Monitoring attendance
- Ensuring that homework is completed
- Monitoring amount of television children watch
- Volunteering in child’s classroom
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate
- Serving, to the extent possible, on policy and advisory groups, such as being a Title, I, Part A parent representative on the district’s Title I Collaborative Team, the State’s Committee of Practitioners, the School Improvement Team or other school advisory or policy groups.
The student agrees:
- To share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the state’s high standards in the following ways:
- Do my homework every day and ask for help when I need it.
- Read at least 15 minutes every day outside of school time.
- Give my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from my school every day.
See Links below for more information.
|docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format.|
|PPTX file: You need Microsoft PowerPoint to view this file. Download a free PowerPoint viewer for PC or Macintosh.|
2 Buccaneer Boulevard | Oswego, New York 13126
Phone: 315-341-2200; Counseling: 315-341-2221; Nurse: 315-341-2242; Fax: Nurse: 315-341-2922; Counseling: 315-341-2928; Main Office: 315-341-2920