Welcome to Leighton's Art Room!!
We are very busy creating masterpieces!! Check out your child's projects by clicking their grade level link (to the left). Most of the students' artwork is on display on school for everyone to see, when it comes down it will be sent home with your child.
Mrs. Gorham is looking forward to another creative year with her artists! Please keep in mind as you send your children to school this year that we will be getting right to work in art room and to dress accordingly for the art room!
Want a detailed look into the art room adventures?
Check out Mrs. Gorham's blog
Don't forget to check out Mrs. Gorham's Wish List for the art room.
Wondering what Mrs. Gorham creates on her free time? Click the link to the left to find out!
10 Lessons the Arts Teach
From Elliot Eisner
1. The arts teach children to make good judgements about qualitative relationships.
2. The arts teach children that a problem can have more than one solution and that a question can have more than one answer.
3. The arts celebrate multiple perspectives.
4. The arts teach children that in complex forms of problem solving purposes are seldom fixed, but change with circumstance and opportunity.
5. The arts make vivid the fact that neither words in their literal form nor numbers exhaust what we can know.
6. The arts teach students that small differences can have large effects.
7. The arts teach students to think through and within a material.
8. THe arts help children learn to say what cannot be said.
9. THe arts enable us to have experiences we can have from no other source.
10. The arts' position in the school curriculum symbolizes to the young what adults believe is important.
If any links are not working or if you have questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Online student art gallery
Oswego City School District
1 Buccaneer Blvd.
Oswego, NY 13126