OCSD Celebrates Music in Our Schools Month
The Oswego City School District is thrilled to offer a variety of musical performances throughout the month of March, in celebration of Music in Our Schools Month.
Students from each of the district’s elementary buildings to Oswego Middle School and Oswego High School will showcase their talents during each vocal and instrumental performance.
Between concerts, music festivals and additional entertainment, there are plenty of options for the community to experience a part of the thriving arts programs OCSD has to offer. The following Music in Our Schools Month performances are open to the public:
- March 5: CER orchestra concert, 6:30 p.m. @ CER
- March 5: FPS band concert, 6:30 p.m. @ FPS
- March 6: CER band concert, 6:30 p.m. @ CER
- March 6: MIN chorus musical, 7 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 7: CER/OMS/OHS choral concert, 7:30 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 7: KPS orchestra concert, 6:30 p.m. @ KPS
- March 8 and 9: OHS Festival of the Winds; public concert at 7:30 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 12: MIN string extravaganza, 6:30 p.m. @ MIN
- March 13: KPS chorus musical, 7 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 14: FPS orchestra and chorus concert, 7 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 19: FLS orchestra and chorus concert, 7 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 20: OMS/OHS orchestra concert: 7:30 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 21: OMS band and OHS wind ensemble concert, 7:30 p.m. @ OHS theater
- March 22 and 23: All-County Orchestra Festival @ Fulton
A component of the National Association for Music Education, Music in Our Schools Month has sought to “raise awareness of the importance of music education for all children and to remind citizens that school is where all children should have access to music.”
Website Accessibility Statement - The Oswego City School District is committed to providing a website that is accessible to all members of our community. Good faith efforts are being made to ensure that our website complies with web accessibility standards. We are actively working to conform to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. If you have difficulty accessing information on our website, please contact our webmaster and provide the full URL (web address) of the material you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information. We will contact you and make every effort to assist you in accessing the information.
Please note that some pages contain links to third-party sites. Oswego City School District is not responsible for the content, facts, opinions or accessibility of third-party sites. To file a Section 504/ADA complaint with the district please contact the district 504 Coordinator, any complaint may also be referred to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR), 32 Old Slip, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10005, telephone (646) 428-3800 (voice) or (800) 877-8339 (TTY).