Oswego City School District
1 Buccaneer Blvd.
Oswego, New York 13126
September-June: 8:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
July and August: 7:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Oswego City School District and the home of the Buccaneers. This site provides you with information you will need to register your child(ren) into the Oswego City School District. Registration forms may be downloaded, printed and completed prior to registering your child(ren) in person at the Superintendent’s Office located at 120 East First Street.
Kindergarten registration for the Oswego City School District 2018-19 school year will be held from February 20th through February 23rd at the district Education Center located at Leighton Elementary using the playground entrance.
Registration packets for all families with children turning 5 years old on or before December 1, 2018, will be mailed during the first week of February.
To register, parents or guardians must bring the registration packet, birth certificate, proof of immunization, proof of residency as well as custody papers if applicable. Registration hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Students who currently attend Universal Pre-Kindergarten do not need to register but must provide an updated immunication record. A notification of which immunizations your child still needs will be sent over the summer, along with a Dental Certificate (as permitted by New York state law) and a phyiscial form. All forms must be completed, signed by your physician and returned.
At the time of registration, parents will be asked to sign up for a mandatory Kindergarten screening appointment.
Required Registration Documents:
- Proof of Residency (Please see below documents that will be accepted as proof of residency)
- Birth Certificate (Please see below other documents that will be accepted as proof of age)
- Immunization Record (Up to Date)
- Custody Paperwork (If Applicable)
Acceptable Proof of Residency:
- PAY STUB
- INCOME TAX FORM
- UTILITY BILLS OR OTHER BILLS
- MEMBERSHIP DOCUMENTS (E.G) BASED UPON RESIDENCY
- VOTER REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
- OFFICIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE, LEARNER’S PERMIT OR NON-DRIVER IDENTIFICATION
- STATE OR OTHER GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION
- DOCUMENTS ISSUED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL AGENCIES (E.G., LOCAL SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY)
- COPY OF CHILD'S IEP (IF CHILD WAS RECEIVING SPECIAL EDUCATION)
- COPY OF CHILD'S 504 PLAIN (IF THE CHILD WAS RECEIVING 504 ACOMMODATIONS)
Acceptable Proof of Age:
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- RECORD OF BAPTISM