Section 135.4(c)(7)(ii)(c) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education
- Mixed competition requests must be submitted by the dates listed below along with student registered on Family ID (on the district website athletics page) with the current (within one year) physical uploaded:
- Individual Athletic Profile for Mixed Competition Form is started for student. (see attached sheet, parent/guardian must complete Part I, II, and III)
- Mixed Competition in a sport is subject to review and approval by a panel.
- The panel must include the school physician and a physical education teacher and may include a physician chosen by the student’s parent/guardian.
- The panel is responsible for determining the readiness of the student in terms of medical health, maturity, fitness and skill of the individual in relationship to other members of the team.
- A determination of general body type should be made by the physician and recorded. If the physician determines the pupil has a physical impairment that would make it unsafe for the pupil to participate, the review panel will not need to convene.
- The student is administered the President’s Council Fitness Test and the student’s performance scores should meet the benchmarks at the 50th percentile for the National Fitness Award Qualifying Standards.
- Test scores are not intended as qualifying or disqualifying. Scores provide a reference as to what could normally be found among the members of the team for that sex at that level of play.
- Panel reviews the student’s data for mixed competition and shares decision with the Director of Athletics and Physical Education, who then contacts parent/guardian of student.
- Panel approval does NOT guarantee that the student is on the team, only that the student is able to tryout.
NOTE: All students that have been previously approved to participate in a mixed competition situation must be re-approved each season for each sport in which he/she
wishes to participate.