Hello Fitzhugh Park Students and Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure students are educated, inspired and empowered! We recognize in order to be successful in school, our children need a strong and supportive partnership from both home and school. We know this will make a difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for children’s success and want you to know that we will carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you are proactive in your child’s education by guiding and supporting your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
· Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
· Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
· Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
· Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
· Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
· Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college or a career
· Is respectful and responsible and engages in the learning environment
· Follows the 7 Habits of Happy Kids and our PBIS expectations
We are very pleased to be a Leader in Me Lighthouse School!
“The Leader in Me is a whole school transformation process. It teaches 21st century leadership and life skills to students and creates a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader.”
The 7 Habits are: Be Proactive, Begin with the End in Mind, Put First Things First, Think Win-Win, Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood, Synergize, and Sharpen the Saw.
Throughout the school year, students will continue to engage in Leader in Me lessons, activities, and projects that will help them reflect on their lives, develop leadership skills, and set goals that will inspire them to flourish. From the beginning of the school year, students will maintain a Leadership Notebook where they will put first things first by setting goals and will keep track of their learning by recording important data and reflecting on it with the guidance and support of teachers.
Through the use of the 7 Habits, students begin to realize that they have control over much of what happens in their lives and they can be true leaders.
We thank you for your support and look forward to leading your children to be educated, inspired, and empowered!
Fitzhugh Elementary School Principal