Letter: Reopening details for OMS, OHSBelow are letters regarding reopening details for Oswego Middle School and Oswego High School, both dated Jan. 29, 2021. Please contact the principals with any questions after reading the letters.
Oswego Middle School:
Dear Members of the Oswego Community:
We have been very busy working on the Reopening Plan for the Oswego Middle School. We have put together a comprehensive team of stakeholders composed of OMS Administration, OMS Teachers and Teacher Assistants, OMS Custodians, the OMS Nurse, District Level Administrators, Parents/Guardians and Students.
The team has been meeting both as a full group and in Sub-committees for over one month. We meet multiple times per week. The following items will be part of our Reopening Plan that will be released to the public the week of Feb. 8, 2021:
- Oswego Middle School (OMS) will reopen to students on Feb. 22, 2021
- We will continue to offer 100% Remote Learning to those families who chose this option
- We will offer Hybrid Learning for those families who chose it – these students will be in school two days per week – either Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday
- Students will be in the building (if they have selected Hybrid Learning) two days per week from 8:00am –12:30pm
- Transportation will be provided for those students who need it; all Social Distancing guidelines will be followed
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served in the classrooms
- Students will travel from class to class with all Social Distancing Guidelines in place
- Teams and Teachers will not change for anyone – Student schedules will remain the same
- We will be Live-Streaming 4 days per week – so every student whether they chose Hybrid or 100%Remote will have (4) Days of Live Instruction
- Students will all be issued a School-owned Chromebook – they will need to carry it back and forth to school with them if they select Hybrid Instruction
- Wednesdays will remain ‘Wellness Wednesdays’ with 1:1 meetings, small group instruction, Check-ins with students, etc. (this will be the only Asynchronous Day)
- All Informational materials will be mailed home to OMS families the Week of February 8th 2021
- An Informational video regarding the Reopening of OMS will be released on Friday, February 12th 2021
- Teachers will be reviewing the time changes, etc. with their students in their Google Classrooms over the next few weeks
- Social Emotional Learning supports will be in place in all classrooms; Counselors will be available throughout the day.
Mary Beth Fierro
Oswego High School:
Dear Parents and Guardians:
I want to thank all of our OHS parents and guardians for all you have done to help our students stay strong and focused. This has been a year we could not have possibly expected and I marvel at how much creativity, problem solving, flexibility, compassion and understanding I see on a daily basis as we have been navigating this school year together. With this letter comes exciting news:
School will be reopening in early March!
Below is some of the information about what school will look like when we return. Every week I will send you updates to keep you informed.
- Students will be traveling to their classrooms while social distancing.
- All students will have a 6.5 hour a day schedule.
- The school will be using live - streaming for instruction.
- All Career and Technical Education programs will continue throughout the year. Students will be bussed to and from their programs.
- Students will be coming to school for 2 days of in person learning and have live-streamed learning for the other 2 days.
- Students will continue to be provided with breakfast and lunch.
- Students will need to bring their devices for instruction.
- Social - emotional learning supports will continue to be provided for all students.
- Socially distant transportation will be provided to all students.
- Students will be required to wear a mask throughout the day. Mask breaks will be provided.
- Extracurricular club activities will continue throughout the year.
Patrick Wallace, Principal
Oswego High School