The Oswego City School District had a total of four (4) openings on the Board of Education.
Three (3) openings for three-year terms, commencing July 1, 2023 and expiring on June 30, 2026 will go to the top three highest vote getters. One (1) opening will go to the fourth highest vote getter being sworn in immediately following the May 16, 2023 Annual Vote and will serve for the remainder of this current term of two years until June 30, 2025.
Nominating petitions will be available starting March 1, 2024. Interested candidates must call the Superintendent’s Secretary/District Clerk – Diane Schrader at 315-341-2001 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to express your interest and arrange to pick up/fill out a nominating petition. Completed petitions must be turned into the District Clerk no later than TDB, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.
A Board member of the Oswego City School District must meet the following qualifications:
1. Must be able to read and write.
2. Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States; at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
3. Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
4. May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
5. May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
6. May not be a current employee of the school board.
7. May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
You must bring 2 forms of identification to confirm age and residency. Please include a photo ID.